We’ve been listening to your needs for the group study rooms, and have made some changes to the policies for these rooms starting today.
The biggest things to note are that you can now reserve the study rooms for three hours (book up to a week in advance) and check out kits with dry erase markers and other office supplies you might need to finish your project.
- The group study rooms are now for current Dominican University students only.
- You must check in at the second floor help desk and show your Dominican ID.
- Rooms may be reserved for up to three hours. You may book the room for an additional three hours if it is available.
- A group is defined as two or more people actively using the study room. Individual Dominican University students may use the group study rooms if no group is currently using the room, but must vacate the room if a group needs to use it. Please be prepared to show your current Dominican ID.
- All drinks must be in a spill proof container.
- You must clean up after yourself and leave the group study room neat.
- The white boards in the group study rooms are for your use. You may check out a group study kit, which includes dry erase markers, at the second floor help desk. Please be sure to return the kit to the desk. You are responsible for erasing the whiteboard before leaving the group study room.
- If you vacate a study room for more than 15 minutes your reservation will be forfeited. Any items left unattended in the room will be removed and turned over to University Security. The library is not responsible for any items left behind or for loss of or damages to said items.
- The group study rooms will be locked at 11:45 p.m. Anyone using these study rooms must leave when the first closing announcement is made.
- Group study room users must abide by the Student Code of Conduct.